Secunia ApS, a Copenhagen, Denmark-based provider of of Vulnerability Intelligence and Vulnerability Management tools, has received an equity investment of undisclosed amount from Dansk Kapitalanlæg.
With the transation, Dansk Kapitalanlæg acquired a 31% stake in the IT security company and will help Secunia further develop and expand internationally.
In conjunction with the investment, a newly elected board is in place. It includes:
– Preben Damgaard, who will join as deputy chairman,
– Jesper Johansen, chairman of the Secunia board and partner in Dansk Kapitalanlæg,
– Lars Neupart, CEO and founder of Neupart,
– Thomas Zeihlund, former CFO in Telenor,
– Niels Henrik Rasmussen, CEO and founder of Secunia.
Founded in 2002 by Niels Henrik Rasmussen, Michael Haddi Zaman, Thomas Kristensen, Jakob Balle, and Thomas Piil, the company today focuses on vulnerabilities in applications, developing and supporting intelligent software solutions for effective coverage and remediation of weaknesses in IT networks. Secunia currently employs 70 employees.