This round includes Revolution LLC, QED Investors, and existing investors, New Atlantic Ventures and Altos Ventures, which provided seed funding in 2008.
The new capital will be used to expand product development, customer adoption and add more content to enhance the user experience.
According to the company, more than 310,000 college students use Koofers that allows them to connect to relevant educational content and to one another.
In particular, the company’s service provides:
– free academic course materials;
– public course and professor ratings, which allow students to find the right classes, professors and teaching styles that fit them;
– historical grade distribution available by department, course and professor;
– digital flashcards to study on their phone (through a free iPhone app), or at their computer by creating their own digital flashcards;
– textbook price comparison;
– class schedule maker.