After being selected from a group of ten finalists, two start ups won the Seed Capital Competition organized by North Bridge Venture Partners, a seed and early stage venture capital firm with offices in Boston, MA and San Mateo, CA.
Magoosh, Inc., a Berkeley, CA-based online multi-media test preparation company, and Profitably, Pittstown, NJ-based web-based business intelligence and improvement service for small, medium businesses, will each receive $50,000 in seed capital , $25,000 of in-kind development support from Aeturnum Software Development and Services and Technology Propulsion Labs, up to 6 months of incubation space in North Bridge’s San Mateo or Boston office and access to and mentorship from the North Bridge investment team.
– Cause It’s Cool – an ecommerce product review and referral solution delivered via social networks
– Datalette – an online marketplace for data providers and users
– Bizstro – social media marketing management tools and services for small businesses
– DPL Health Games – social gaming service and online support groups for healthcare
– Launchtime Mom – an online platform connecting Moms for local shopping deals, savings and product/service recommendations
– Neoflect – a cloud-based personal computing platform
– MobileMob – an online community for consumer wireless services
– Ubiqi Health – mobile health management tools for chronic disease patients.