Encoding.com, a San Francisco, CA-based provider of online video encoding services, closed its $1.25m Series A financing.
The investment round was led by Marc Michel, Managing Partner of Metamorphic Ventures, who has also joined the company’s board of directors.
Other investors include:
– Patrick Condon, co-founder of Rackspace;
– Fred Hamilton, Jr., Rackspace investor and former Board Member;
– early stage VC firm Zelkova Ventures;
– Dave Morgan, CEO of Simulmedia and founder of TACODA and Real Media;
– Allen Morgan, angel investor and venture partner at Mayfield Fund.
Launched in September 2008, Encoding.com introduced a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) video encoding solution for website operators hosting user-generated and premium video, platform infrastructure providers, and professional video developers. The company encodes an average of 30,000 videos per day for hundreds of customers including MTV Networks, WebMD, and Nokia.
It is the only encoding firm with guaranteed performance in its Service Level Agreements.
Commenting on the round, Jeff Malkin, President of the company, was quoted as saying: “We will utilize these funds to expand our marketing, sales and brand building initiatives to accelerate our growth and position us as THE go-to solution for high-volume video encoding”.