Durata Therapeutics, Inc., a newly formed biopharmaceutical company, announced that it has acquired Vicuron Pharmaceuticals from Pfizer (PFE).
Durata was created by a five-member venture capital syndicate to pursue late-stage clinical development of novel antibiotic programs. The acquisition was funded through a stock purchase by New Leaf Venture Partners, LLC, Domain Associates, LLC, Aisling Capital, Sofinnova Ventures Inc. and Canaan Partners.
Durata is focused on Vicuron’s antibiotic drug candidate, dalbavancin. Its product portfolio also includes two preclinical antibiotic programs while Pfizer will retain the marketed anti-fungal agent, EraxisTM, which was formerly owned by Vicuron.
Members of the Durata Board include:
– Nicole Vitullo, Partner at Domain Associates, LLC
– Ron Hunt, Managing Director at NLV Partners
– Dov A. Goldstein, M.D., Partner at Aisling Capital and former Executive Vice President and CFO of Vicuron
– James Healy, M.D., Ph.D., General Partner at Sofinnova Ventures
– Brent Ahrens, General Partner at Canaan Partners
– George Horner, an Executive Partner at Sofinnova Ventures and former CEO of Vicuron, will serve as an independent director on the Board.